Are you considering finding work right after high school? Want a good job without spending four years in college? Many students choose to go into construction as it offers a dynamic environment and good pay for an honorable career. However, advancing within a company is difficult without going to school for construction. A 15-week certificate in construction and drafting is perfect if you would like to get a head start on your career and make more money quicker. If you are considering jumping into a construction career right after high school, or are looking for a new career path, here are some reasons why you should consider getting a quick certificate from a construction school first:
1) Better Pay: Those with post secondary education are more likely to obtain better paying careers than those with none.
2) Beat Your Competition: Often hundreds of people apply for the same general construction labourer positions, all with little or no post-secondary education. By going to school for construction for a couple months before heading out to the workforce, you can gain an advantage over your competition.
3) Opportunities to Advance: If you have a diploma or certificate in construction you are more likely to be considered for management opportunities and grow within the company than someone who has no education or formal background in the industry.
4) Make Connections: Make connections with key players in the construction industry with a co-op or work placement within your program. Making industry connections will help you advance your career in the future.
5) Gain Skills You Wouldn’t Get Through On the Job Training: There are many professional skills you will not likely obtain through on-the-job training by being a general labourer. Construction inspection, construction estimating and other construction-related skills are generally learned in school, or through knowing the right people.
If you are interested in a career in construction, consider our 15 week Construction Technician Certificate. For more information about our construction, drafting or AutoCAD programs, fill out our form at www.brightoncollege.com.