Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and FAQs available here Read More Brighton College Now Accepts Online Bill Payments Read More
Technology and Installation Guide
A computer. Laptop or desktop, meeting following basic requirements
64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 10
3+ GHz or faster processor
If program with Inventor course, 3.30 GHz or greater, 4 or more cores
16 GB or more;
If for a program including an Inventor course: 24 GB or more
Installer plus full installation: 40 GB, SSD is recommended
4 GB GPU with 106 GB/S Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
3840 x 2160 (4K); Preferred scaling: 100%, 125%, 150% or 200% (Inventor only)
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 with True Color (Windows 10 64-bit and capable display card
The right operating system. Highly recommend to have Window XP in order to take online course as Mac computer system is not compatible with some of program software, like AutoCAD Revit, Civil 3D, Simply Accounting, etc.
For Sage50 installation, please click here
For Quickbooks installation, please click here
- Go to www.office.com and if you’re not already signed in, select Sign in.
- Sign in with the account you associated with this version of Office. This account can be a Microsoft account, or work or school account.I forgot the account I use with Office
- After signing in, follow the steps that match the type of account you signed in with.
You signed in with a Microsoft account
- From the Office home page select Install Office.
- SelectInstall (or depending on your version, Install Office>).
You signed in with a work or school account
- From the Office 365 home page select Install Office apps (If you set a different start page, go to aka.ms/office-install.)
- Select Office 365 apps to begin the installation.
- Go to website https://www.sketchup.com/try-sketchup
- Choose Personal
- Click Create Account
- Sign in with Google account or others
- Here is the example with Google account
- Choose ‘Architecture’ in Interest and click checkbox ‘I agree’, then click Continue to My Apps
- It turns to App download page
- Click ‘Download’
- Double click file downloaded to and install
- After installation completes, use the registered account to activate software for 30 days
- visit https://www.autodesk.com/education/home
- Click Free Software
- Pick up Software you want to download
- Create an account
- Fill up the form and click next
- Message for Verification
- Check your email and click Verify Email
- Account is verified
- Fill out the form
- After completing form, and click NEXT, you will see
- Your account is ready
- After CONTINUE, the site will jump to AUTODESK homepage, please still type education web address https://www.autodesk.com/education/home to access education community site
- Now you can pick up the software and choose version to download, License and installation key will appear after software is picked up