Welcome to the Brighton College Careers page!
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we are currently pausing all in-person interviews. We will continue to review applications and phone screen short listed applicants.
Please note that the interviewing process may take longer than usual due to postponing in-person interviews. We thank all those interested in employment at Alexander College and appreciate your understanding during this time. The safety of our students, staff, and teachers is Alexander College’s number one priority, and we are actively reviewing this changing situation on a daily basis and following the recommendations of the BC Health Authority.
Brighton College is an accredited institution under PTIB (Private Training Institutions Branch), with the BC EQA (British Columbia Education Quality Assurance) designation, assuring all our programs and instruction meet standards of quality. We are an established vocational college offering over 30 programs across our Burnaby and Surrey campuses. Brighton College provides students with the opportunity to develop professional skills that are recognized and needed in the workplace. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds and bring with them a diverse and multicultural experience.
Brighton College currently has the following positions available, select below to view full details.
The purpose of the Educational Advisor is to promote and sell the programs of the College to potential students by identifying the appropriate programs that meet their individual career goals.
The Educational Advisor is responsible for responding to inquiries from potential students about various programs, providing counselling to help individuals clarify their employment goals and to identify the appropriate programs to meet these goals. The primary function of this position is to maximize each opportunity to market programs and to meet or exceed the enrolment targets for the College. This position will provide motivation to students to ensure their success in the program, and also perform related administrative and reporting duties.
Reports to Enrollment Manager
Full-time (40 hours), permanent
The Employee will work 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-5:30PM
- Responding to all inquiries from potential students, media, case managers, etc; promoting the programs and services of the College, including ongoing networking and participation in industry promotional events as required
- Interviewing potential students according to the College Admissions Presentation Structure to explore their background, interests and identify their individual career goals; advise on appropriate programs to meet their goals
- Completing enrolment of new students including related paperwork and providing information on payment options and requirements, as outlined in the College Admissions Procedures document
- Maintaining records to track and follow-up on potential leads, providing motivation and encouragement to potential students as appropriate
- Tracking and reporting weekly activities (leads, appointments, interview, enrolment)
- Providing ongoing coaching and motivation to students to support their success
- Attending regular marketing meetings; Establishing and maintaining monthly targets
- Following up on potential and actual cancellations
- Participating in training of new educational advisors
- Other duties as assigned to support the objectives and purpose of the College
To be successful in the Educational Advisor position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent sales and marketing skills based on integrity and professionalism
- Excellent understanding of the programs and services provided by the College
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Basic math and accounting skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good judgment and ability to prioritize assignments
- Ability to always exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education – minimum of Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- One to three years’ sales experience in a results driven, service- oriented, fast paced environment
- Ability and commitment to work hours in excess of regular shift as required
- Ability to manage stress and thrive in frequently demanding situations
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the above position and you would like to apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the e-mail title being “[Your full-name]_Educational Advisor 2020” to email@example.com.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us what you would bring to the team and why you’d be perfect for this role. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you!
The purpose of the Instructor is to contribute to the academic success of students and to the success of the College in achieving its statement of purpose. Under general supervision, the instructor is responsible for providing instruction and facilitating student learning according to the prescribed curriculum.
Director of Academic Affairs/Campus Director
This position requires the Instructor to work Monday to Friday from 9:00 am – 1:00pm approximately 20 hours a week.
Primarily located at our Burnaby campus (working remotely for the time being)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree, diploma or certification from a recognized university, college or institution relating to the area of instruction
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) from the Canadian Payroll Association must be completed and must be a current certified member of the association
- At least 24 months experience in a related field
- Instructional experience preferred and/or possession of instructor’s certificate / willingness to take additional instructional delivery workshop(s)
- Approval by the Canadian Payroll Association prior to confirmation of teaching
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation
- Ability to motivate and inspire students
- Ability to demonstrate and encourage high standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of all students to provide feedback and treat students equitably, regardless of culture
Course Delivery and Classroom Activities
- Delivering instruction to students that meets course and program objectives as set out in the most current curriculum
- Preparing lesson plans and teaching aids that utilize a variety of teaching methods which will promote the attainment of desirable goals of students
- Being prepared for the start dates for each new course
- Starting course(s) on the given date
- Explaining the course outline to students on the first-class day
- Administering and grading assignments, quizzes, and exams as necessary
- Tracking student attendance on the prescribed report and returning to the administrative staff as required
- Ensuring that the classrooms and equipment are kept in an orderly state
- Maintaining and making available to students an email address and respond to student queries within 24 hours if possible (with the exception of weekends and statutory holidays)
- Discussing students’ progress with them individually or as a group
Relationships with Students, Staff and Management
- Refraining from fraternizing with students at a personal level.
- Dealing with students, staff and other instructors in a professional, courteous and helpful manner
- Alerting the administration of any student concerns which arise
- Informing the administrative staff of any significant changes or problems that arise during a course
- Assisting the Employment Coordinator and Program Coordinator in choosing suitable practicum / co-op hosts
- Attending Instructors’ Meetings, as required
- Possessing a clear understanding of and uphold the College’s policies and procedures relating to students and instructors
- Cooperating with administration and Campus Directors in the performance of their duties
- Completing and submitting required forms and records to administration in a timely manner
- Giving the College sufficient notice of any upcoming absence
Course Updates and Development
- Providing copies of modified assignments, quizzes, or exams, with marking keys to the administration.
- Participating in the development and evaluation of curriculum and instructional materials, as required
- Keeping course(s) up-to-date and maintain relevant industry skills and knowledge
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the above position and you would like to apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the e-mail title being “[Your full-name]_Accounting and Payroll Courses – Instructor 2020” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us what you would bring to the team and why you’d be perfect for this role. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you!