Brighton College will:
- Collect, use, and process personal information only after an individual provides formal consent.
- Limit the use and handling of an individual's personal information to necessary and identified purposes as it pertains to the individual's business or employment relationship with Brighton College.
- Only share, disclose or transfer an individual's personal information when required by law or as necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected.
- Require all third parties that receive personal information from us to keep such information secure and confidential, and to use such personal information only in accordance with our strict instructions.
- Only allow authorized individuals to access personal information, and always use reasonable measures to protect such personal information from inappropriate use, access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- Only keep an individual's personal information for as long as required by law and/or as necessary for the purpose for which the personal information was collected; at which time, the personal information will be destroyed, deleted or made anonymous.
- Upon request, allow an individual to access his/her personal information, if appropriate, and inform the individual of any use, retention or disclosure of his/her personal information.
- Keep an individual's personal information up-to-date and accurate as reasonably possible, encouraging the individual to assist Brighton College by requesting appropriate changes to inaccuracies he/she may discover.
- Establish simple and accessible procedures to process and respond to any complaints that an individual may have regarding our privacy and personal information handling practices. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please contact Brighton College Privacy Officer by calling (604) 681-5608 or by or writing to 330-601 West Cordova Street Vancouver, BC V6B 1G1, Canada
We Protect Your Privacy:
1. When visiting our web site, our web server automatically logs (records) domain name and standard information about the operating system and web browser you are using, as provided by your web browser. This information is used for statistical purposes to help us manage our site, but does not identify you in any way.
2. We collect personal information about you and/or your corporation only if an order is placed for the delivery of product or performance of service. We may use this information to gather information for credit approval purposes. All information is kept confidential.
3. When you supply us with your mailing address by email, you may receive periodic mailings if you give permission to be contacted. If you are currently a subscriber and do not wish to receive future such mailings, please let us know by filling in our contact form and inserting "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the comments field provided; or by calling (604) 681-5608; or writing to us at:
330-601 West Cordova Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1G1
Please provide us with your exact name and address. We will then remove your name from our confidential list.
The security and confidentiality of information that the Brighton College may obtain from you is extremely important, and we have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect guest information from unauthorized access and/or improper use. From time to time we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and new protection methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security methods are perfect or impenetrable.
All information made available on our web site is property of Brighton College and its affiliates, and may not be disclosed, disseminated, or distributed to any unauthorized party.
Brighton College reserves the right to amend this policy at any time if and when changes are required by Personal Information and Electronics Documents Act (PIPEDA) and/or required for the operation and maintenance of the Brighton College web site.
Brighton College is not responsible for the contents of any off site internet information referenced by or linked to the Brighton College web site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Brighton College of that web site. Use of any such linked web site is at the users own risk.